Bishop Cotton School, Shimla
Bishop Cotton School, Shimla is one of the oldest boys’ boarding schools in Asia. It was the first public school in the country founded by Bishop George Edward Lynch Cotton on 28th July 1859. It is affiliated to ICSE Board. This school is located in the beautiful landscapes of Shimla Hills, Himachal Pradesh. The school is well-connected to the capital city of India, Delhi. The students at Bishop Cotton School get a huge secure campus of 35 acres. Bishop Cotton School, India was the first school in Asia to incorporate the House system.
A brief history of Bishop Cotton School, Shimla- India
Bishop Cotton School was founded by G.E.L. Cotton the then Bishop of Calcutta as the first ‘public school’ of India, in July 1859. The school moved to its present site at the south end of the Knollwood Spur from Jutogh.
Bishop Cotton School Shimla is one of the finest schools in India. It has been ranked among the best boys-only residential schools of India by media like The Times of India, Outlook, and Education World. As per EW (Education World) India School Ranking 2019-20, Bishop Cotton School rank in India was number 4 in 2019.
Educated at Bishop Cotton School is like entering a platform to adorn yourself with workplace skills and personal qualities. They hope to produce young men who are resilient, zestful, irrepressible and those who always catch the light.
Bishop Cotton School, Shimla Notable Alumni:-
The alumni of Bishop Cotton Boys school are known as Old Cottonians. The school has produced many scholars giving their best services in different fields. Some of the examples of Bishop Cotton School Shimla notable alumni include:- Ratan Tata, Kumar Gaurav, Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Simran Singh Mann, Tarsem Singh, Ruskin Bond, Lalit Modi, Jeev Milkha Singh, VirBhadra Singh, Palden Thondup Namgyal, Mayan Dagar, Angad Bedi, etc.
How to get admission in Bishop Cotton School, Shimla?
Bishop Cotton School Shimla is one of the best places to transform young boys into a responsible and smart person. The classes at the school run from class III to XII. The admission at Bishop Cotton School India is a well-defined comprehensive procedure to become a part of the school. The admission procedure is carried out completely through offline mode. The students can collect the admission forms from the school office itself. Here is a brief detail about the admission procedure of Bishop Cotton School Shimla.
- All the registered students have to undergo the entrance examination. The admission procedure is completely based on merit in the entrance exam and the vacancies available. The merit criteria also have points from the student’s information form which has to be filled by the parents.
- From class III to V regular admissions take place, whereas admissions in class VIII, IX, and XI do not take place under the regular procedure. Admissions in these classes can only happen if there is any vacancy and the registration has been made under special request.
- The entrance examination will be of half-an-hour duration in English, Mathematics, Science, and General Awareness. Bishop Cotton School Shimla also conducts reading assessments, verbal & non-verbal assessments to check how efficient the child to cope with life in the school at Bishop Cotton.
- There is no particular syllabus for the entrance test. However, parents may get a frame of reference for the grade in which the admission has been applied.
- Bishop Cotton School India conducts the entrance test on the 1st weekend of September in Shimla and on 2nd weekend in Delhi. All the registered students have to report at 9 am at the examination centre.
What is Bishop Cotton School, Shimla – Fee Structure?
The fee structure is an important part for the parents who are preparing their children for Bishop Cotton School, Shimla admission. Bishop Cotton School, Shimla fee structure includes,
- One-time non-refundable admission fee of Rs. 65,000/- for the students domiciled in India & Nepal and Rs. 100,000/- for overseas students.
- Caution money of Rs. 300,000/- that will be refunded at the time of leaving the school.
- The annual fee for classes III to X is Rs. 530,000/- to Rs. 8,72,000/- and for classes XI & XII is Rs. 5,65,000/-to 8,72,000/-.
- Pocket money for classes III to V is Rs. 5,000/- (to be deposited along with the fee) and for classes VI to XII is Rs. 10,000/-.
You can also visit their official website to know more about the Fee Structure of Bishop cotton School Shimla.
Bishop Cotton School- Entrance Exam:-
Bishop Cotton Boys school is one of the finest schools in India, therefore students have a dream to get admission to Bishop Cotton School Shimla, but very few can get this golden chance. The school provides quality education and makes the students ready to survive in the competitive world. In terms of facilities also Bishop Cotton Shimla is one of the highest ranks in the best schools in the country. Every year many students register their names and try to grab the opportunity to be a part of the school.
The students have to qualify the entrance examination to get admission to Bishop Cotton School India. The students must be well prepared for the entrance examination as the competition level is very high & the numbers of seats available are quite a few. One of the best ways to prepare for the entrance exam is by joining a good coaching institute. Well, the students willing to get admission in Bishop Cotton School can join Truemaths to prepare for the entrance exam.
Prepare for the entrance examination of Bishop Cotton School, Shimla
Sometimes parents think “Is preparation really necessary?” for the Entrance Exam
Truemaths is one of the best places to prepare for the entrance exam of Bishop Cotton, Shimla. As per the reputation of the school, the entrance examination is not going to be easy. This is why the students must attend the entrance exam with prior preparation. However, there is no specific syllabus for the Bishop Cotton entrance exam but still, Truemaths will prepare the students as per the standards of the class admission.
Truemaths will prepare the students for the personal interview round as well. It is very important to leave a good impression of the student. We work on the overall personality improvement of the students to make them capable enough to survive in the Bishop Cotton School. Communication classes improve the interpersonal skills of the students which ease the pressure of the students for their Personal Interview/ Orientation Programme.
Our team and Curriculum
Our experienced teachers including Deepak sir and Siddharth sir will provide the best classes and sessions for the students preparing for the entrance exam. The teachers work tirelessly to bring out the best ability and skill in the aspirants. For more information about our team, please go to About Truemaths.
Our teaching curriculum is designed in a way that students find competitive exams effortless as our course provides great insights into all the topics. The students will get great study material to prepare for the entrance exams including daily worksheets. We also conduct weekly tests to track the preparation of the students so far. Moreover, the student preparing for the entrance exam must have the zeal to learn and practice with dedication.
Truemaths also Provides Coaching for Other Best Boarding School entrance exams:-
We also prepare students for various other Boarding School entrance examinations:-
The Doon School, Dehradun and Mayo College, Ajmer are well-known schools, excelling in Sports, Education and Extra-Curricular Activities. These schools are considered in the same category and class as Bishop Cotton School. Also, visit our Post on The Doon School and Welham Boys’ and girls’ school.
- Lawrence School, Sanawar
- Scindia School, Gwalior
- Sherwood College, Nainital
- Woodstock School, Mussoorie
- Welham Boys’ and Girls’ School, Dehradun